Monday, July 7, 2014

Hello My Quilting Buddies!

It is summer and I have been home since the end of March.  Most of you know me as Quiltin' Tia, but I also have a superhero identity - Special Education Teacher.  I love my kids, love my job and love my school.  But, like all superheroes occasionally suffer, I had a setback - mine was cardiac arrest.  My fast acting team saved my life and I am here, back to my ever normal self, and preparing to return in the fall.  In true superhero fashion, the doctors could find no reason for my downfall.  I believe stress and exhaustion played a factor, so maybe that is my Kryptonite.  It won't stop me (maniacal laugh).  Okay, maybe it will slow me down a bit.

This time has forced me to rest - something I do not do well.  I have always filled every moment with a task to remain efficient and on top of it all. I am finishing my Masters degree this December and had already planned to take the summer to relax.  God thought I should do it sooner.  The upside?  I have had time to work on and finish an idea I had about five years ago for a line of patterns.  Needing something to occupy my brain, I began to design again.

Oh, how I have missed it!  I love to write and if there is math involved, even better.  I have been speeding along on my sewing machine dutifully testing the patterns patiently waiting to share them with you.  Seventeen designs and twelve quilts later I am ready (drum roll):


 

We are offering ten patterns initially with a new design each month.  The concept is easy:

5 one yard cuts = 1 great quilt (told you I like math)

Even better, I have created a video that better explains how the idea works and shows off the designs.  I like being able to talk with you this way!



Here is how it works:


Choose five fabrics using the "finger method" and you can choose ANY of the quilt patterns.  They all work for the same yardage.

You can also go directly to the website - click here - for a short explanation and the patterns.  

Let me know your comments on these new designs.  

Have a super day! - Susan/Tia

1 comment: