Sunday, August 14, 2016

New A-OK Pattern - Irish Thing

New A-OK Pattern - Irish Thing (Super fast, super easy five yard quilt)


Hello all of my Quilting Buddies!  I hope you are enjoying summer.  My sweet sunflowers are now looking tired and wilted and the rainy days are few and far between.  The temperatures are "oven-esque" and I find it difficult to spend much time at all outside.  I am thankful for air conditioning, I bet my family is too.  This mama gets pretty irritable when she starts to melt!  Give me a snow storm any day!  
Either way, snow storm or heat wave, it is a good excuse to quilt.  Summer is my productive season since I am on break.  I have been SUPER excited for this quilt.  I have a long time love affair with irish chain quilts.  But, the pattern would have to be adapted a bit to fit the A-OK formula.  Finally, I found a way and I love it.  The instructions give detail for pressing so all the seams will "butt" and match perfectly.  It really takes the stress out of it!  I hope you like it! Click here to check it out.


Wildflower Quilt Guild - Temple, Texas

Oh my GOODNESS!  We had such a great time in Temple with our new quilting buddies.  Our workshop had all different fabrics and all different patterns.  Some ladies made five yard quilts, others chose to work on baby quilts.  All were using the A-OK method and were so beautiful!  I have asked them to send pictures of their completed quilts to share.  I can hardly wait!

Stay cool my friends!  Do something that makes you smile.  

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment