Friday, July 3, 2015

Woven! A new A-OK 5 yard quilt pattern from Quiltin' Tia


http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/browse_dept_items.asp?Store_id=513&page_id=17&Categ_Id=314



Happy 4th of July!

 

I was lucky enough to go on TWO vacations last month.  Both were to visit family and friends and I had a wonderful time.  It was great to go home and catch up with everyone - something I haven't had the opportunity to do since going back to school.  The best memories are just hanging out.  I had missed them all so very much!  Now that I am home it is time to play catch up - you all know what I mean.  Doctor's appointments, paying bills, shopping, etc.  I also did not stick to my eating plan (hey, I was on vacation), so now I am returning to lose the 9 pounds I gained.  I am not complaining - I am blessed to have gone and blessed to be able to take care of things upon return.  I have made my to do list and plan on getting most of it done today so I can relax with Michael and celebrate the holiday. 

We are almost done reworking our website.  I hope you like it.  Currently, you need to click through a transfer page when you go to our address www.quiltintia.com.  When it is complete, that will be gone.  Just part of the process of the redo!

My wish is that you all are able to take some time this weekend to celebrate.  For me, celebrating is doing what I want to do - so I bet there will be a bit of quilting somewhere in the next few days.  :)


http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/browse_dept_items.asp?Store_id=513&page_id=17&Categ_Id=314

New Pattern!

Before I left I finished up a new A-OK pattern.  I am ready to share it with you and hope you like it.  I love quilts that give an optical illusion (without much effort) and this one is great.  By playing with the light and dark fabric placement, the quilt gives a basketweave design.  To me it looks very masculine and would make a great quilt for that guy in your life that isn't "quilty." 

The pattern uses the A-OK method of choosing 5 one yard cuts to make the quilt.  It finishes 62" x 73" - big enough for a man sized quilt!  The blocks are super simple and sew up quickly.  Just choose a large scale print you love, then find a medium scale print that works with it.  Lastly, pull a light, a medium and a dark.  Have fun with it!  Remember, those fabrics you choose this way will make ANY of the A-OK quilts.  Are you thinking 5 one yard cuts when you go to the fabric store yet?  It has really changed the way I look at fabrics!

The pattern can be ordered through our website.  



All Thimbleberries fabrics are 30% off. 



http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_dept_items.asp?Store_id=513&Page_id=17&categ_id=339&parent_ids=0,326&name=Thimbleberries


Enjoy your week and be sure to find some time for you!

Tia (Susan) 




Super Healthy Fruit Smoothie

Berries are good for you and provide great health benefits.  I am not good about eating them on their own, so I have one of these smoothies every day, usually in the afternoon.  You can add any supplements you take (powders or juices), you won't taste them as much!  I add maca powder for hormone balance (truly, this is some good stuff). I have a little bullet blender that lets me use my cup as the container.  Since I am back on my plan, this is a main staple for me!

  • 10 whole organic strawberries (Trader Joe's has them in the frozen section, we stock up)
  • 1/2 cup frozen organic blueberries (again, Trader Joe's is great)
  • 1 organic banana
  • 1/2 cup cashew milk (or any other creamy substsitute you like - Chich likes Soy Ice Cream)

Blend until smooth - enjoy!


Quiltin' Tia Quiltworks
815 Jane Lane

Weatherford, TX  76085
www.quiltintia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment